Gear Diary has a good post up highlighting just how much of the US is *NOT* currently in an AT&T 3G coverage area, and suggesting that potential iPhone 3G buyers take a good, long look before purchasing.
The legend for what coverage is available where on the map is:
* Blue = 3G
* Dark Orange = EDGE
* Light Oranage = GPRS
* Banded, Light Orange = Partner GPRS
It’s pretty striking how little blue there is on that map. I’m lucky – Austin has had excellent 3G coverage for quite a while now but that map looks daunting overall.
Food for thought if the 3G speeds are your only, or one of your primary reasons, for thinking of getting the iPhone 3G.
Via: Gear Diary
- How to verify your iPhone email settings from
- 12-inch MacBook Air could compete with cheape
- Change Screenshot Destination
- The (6) best ways to extend your iPhone 6 bat