Today’s Rock and Roll Media event has ended. So what was announced?
- iPod Touch now sells at $199/299/399 for 8GB/32GB/64GB. 32 and 64GB models have same faster processors the iPhone 3GS has.
- iPod Classic capacity increase from 120GB to 160GB for the same $249.
- iPod Shuffle now in five new colors. $59 for 2GB and $79 for 4GB models.
- iPod nano now has camera, speakers, FM radio, and a larger display. Built in pedometer for Nike+. 8GB for $149, 16GB for $179.
- Improved layout of iTunes Store.
- 30,000 ringtones $1.29 each.
- Genius database expanded to include “Genius Mixes”. More syncing options such as artists, genres, etc.
- Manage iPhone apps and arrange home screens right from iTunes.
- iTunes LP. Album packages that include bonus material such as lyrics, photos, videos.
- iTunes Extras. Movie bonus material, Similar to DVD bonus features, also comes with interactive material.
- Home sharing. Browse the iTunes libraries of up to five authorized computers in your house, import what you like, and automatically add new purchases made on any of the computers to your own library.
- iPhone 3.1 released. Brings “Genius” to apps.
Comparing this to my predictions I posted earlier, I scored fairly poorly. No mention of the Apple TV, no cameras in the iPod touch, and Steve Jobs got on stage.