Boxcar, receiver of Macworld’s 2009 App Gem Award for “Best Notification App“, has just been updated to version 2.2. This update brings with it several fresh new features, in addition to a new icon and splash screen.
In case you’re not familiar with Boxcar, it functions as a go-between app for Twitter, Facebook, E-mail, and now RSS and Growl push notifications. Once configured, Boxcar checks all the specified accounts for new messages, and then sends a customizable push alert to your iPhone. You can read my review of Boxcar 2.0 from September here.
Boxcar 2.2 includes the following new features:
- 5 new Christmas notification sounds.
- Added the ability to push RSS or Atom feeds, in real time.
- Added the ability to push Growl notifications.
- Twitter client list now includes TweetDeck & Natsulion
- Toggle hidden Facebook notifications on or off.
- Toggle Twitter retweets on or off.
- Inbox overhaul with touchable links and service icons.
- Improved the quiet time user experience.
Boxcar 2.2 is a free update for all current users. For new users, the app is also free and includes the use of one service, such as Twitter notifications. Additional services (Facebook, email, RSS, etc) can be added for a small one-time in-app charge.
You can find Boxcar 2.2 on the iPhone App Store here. At the time I’m writing this, the new version is not yet showing up for all users, so it might be a little while before it shows up for you. Just give it some time and try it again!
- How to verify your iPhone email settings from
- 12-inch MacBook Air could compete with cheape
- Change Screenshot Destination
- The (6) best ways to extend your iPhone 6 bat