Genius for Apps is a relatively new feature of the iPhone App Store (it was added as part of the iPhone OS 3.1 update) “ that helps you discover new apps that suit your tastes. Genius ‘learns ‘ from your installed base of apps and your App Store purchases.
I wasn ‘t overly impressed with Genius for Apps when it first emerged, but over the last few months it does appear to have learned a fair bit about what sort of apps may interest me, and I now find its recommendations considerably more interesting.
We had a question in the comments earlier about how to turn off Genius for Apps, so I thought this might be a good time to share a quick tip on how to turn the feature on and off. It ‘s very easy, read on for the quick rundown
How To Turn On Genius for Apps:
– Open the App Store
– Go to the Featured tab
– Tap the Genius tab at the far right of the set of top tabs on the page
– Tap ‘Turn on Genius ‘ “ as shown in the screencap at the top of this post. You ‘ll have to agree to the Genius Terms & Conditions as well.
That ‘s it. Genius should start offering you some suggestions the next time you launch the App Store (in that same area of the Featured section).
How To Turn Off Genius for Apps:
– Open the Settings app.
– Tap on the Store section
– Tap on the View Account button
– Scroll down past your billing information and address details, and choose the ‘Turn Off Genius for Apps ‘ option.
You ‘re done, and the Genius for Apps feature is turned off.
Simple stuff. Hope it ‘s helpful for those who have been curious about how to make use of (or get rid of) this App Store feature.
- How to set-up a Family Sharing Apple ID for k
- How to set up your Medical ID in the Health a
- How to set-up Family Sharing in iOS 8
- How to back-up your iPhone 6 & iPhone 6
TAGS: Genius for Apps, iPhone how-tos