Three Free Promo Codes for Star Walk Astronomy Guide To Be Won
Contest Deadline: Monday, November 8 – 1:00PM US Central
The generous folks at Vito Technology are celebrating the 2nd Birthday of their iPhone version of Star Walk (reviewed here)! Star Walk is either an iPad or iPhone 3Gs/4 friendly app (not a universal app), a featured app of a recently televised iPad commercial, as well as an Apple Best App of 2009, and now coming to the Mac App Store,
According to the developers, the soon-to-be-released version 5.0 will have some appealing new features:
- AUGMENTED REALITY for new iPod Touch – which we are the first to proudly introduce
- SATELLITES – find out where exactly the ISS is right now! (and over 150 satellites more)
- Superior PRECISION for iPhone by compass calibration
- TELRAD: advanced feature to help you measure angular distance between nearby stars. Can be turned on/off in Settings menu.
- BIG SCREEN – connect a second display to your iPad and view the sky on it!
- New General Catalogue added (this means MORE deep sky objects, galaxies and nebulae!)
- and more!
As a celebration, Vito Technology have dramatically reduced the price of two other apps, Solar Walk (universal app for iPhone and iPad) and Geo Walk (compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad) for today only! The developers have also generously offered iSource.com three promotional codes to give away of their app - Solar Walk - to mark the occasion of Star Walk’s 2nd Birthday!
How To Enter:
*** Just add a comment to this post, making sure to fill out the “email address” field (don’t worry, it won’t be displayed, and we won’t use it for any other reason than to contact you if you win) and you’re entered for our random drawing of winners on Monday. ***
*** For a bonus entry to increase your chance of winning, tell us which features of SOLAR WALK looks the most appealing to you! ***
That’s it! We’ll draw our winners on Monday (11/8/10) sometime after 1:00 pm US Central time.
*** Please Note: The promo codes are only available for the US App Store, so you will need a US-based account to make use of them – keep this in mind when entering the contest.