Twitter for Mac received a quick update on the Mac App Store (MAS) yesterday, which added an altered (blue) icon, a couple of crash fixes, and better compatibility with Spaces…and by “better compatibility with Spaces”, I mean that this update broke Twitter’s compatibility with Spaces.
I tried quitting and restarting Twitter, of course, but that didn’t help. Instead of simply staying in Space 5 like I had specified in settings, Twitter opted to simply show up in *every* space, much like Pixelmator is wont to do.
The temporary fix turned out to be a relatively simple, if rather unintuitive, one:
1) if your Twitter has been fluttering its way into every Space, simply quit the app,
2) Go into System Preferences -> Spaces and remove the “Twitter” app from any Space you may have assigned it to
3) Reload the Twitter app
4) Go back into Sys Prefs -> Spaces and assign Twitter to a space again. It should now obey your space rules and stick to the spaces you’ve specified for it.
[Update: Jan 15] The crappy part, as some commenters have pointed out, is that reloading the app (system reboots count, too) will kill all of these settings, so you’ll have to do this dance all over again if you ever stop tweeting. Twitter apparently wants Mac users to keep tweeting and never, ever stop.
[thanks to @viticci for the update screenshot, which I forgot to take]
- How to set-up a Family Sharing Apple ID for k
- How to set up your Medical ID in the Health a
- How to set-up Family Sharing in iOS 8
- How to back-up your iPhone 6 & iPhone 6