SimplyTweet 3 – one of the most feature-rich Twitter apps for the iPhone – has had its first update of 2011, to Version 3.4. Here’s the list of what’s new in this version:
* Rearranged timeline display for more effective use of vertical space.
* Send draft as tweet/DM now deletes the draft if sent successfully.
* TwitLonger links in tweet view are now automatically expanded.
* After swiping a draft in the list of drafts, there is now a delete all button.
* Some touching up of themes.
* Links to mobile the Twitter site for tweets and accounts now opened properly in SimplyTweet (instead of opening a web view) from bookmarklet.
* Account view loads faster now. It will only load 20 tweets when it is displayed.
* Bug fixes.
Not a major update, especially by SimplyTweet’s high standards, but it looks like a good list of minor enhancements and several items that sound like response to user requests. SimplyTweet has always been one of the most frequently updated apps for the iPhone – and all have been substantial updates as well, not just little ‘let’s game the App Store’ type releases. So it’s good to see the app hitting the ground running in 2011.
You can find this latest version of SimplyTweet in the App Store now, priced at $4.99.