Anyone need some extra Dropbox storage space for free? That’s right–free! If you are willing to participate in an experimental Dropbox build, you too can get up to 4.5 GB of free storage. The extra space is for testing out their new automatic upload of videos and photos. After you download the beta, all you have to do is connect a camera to your computer, and follow the prompts.
For every 500MB of photos and videos automatically uploaded, you’ll receive another 500MB space bonus, up to 4.5GB total.
Seems rather painless for a more than doubling of the standard storage space currently offered with a free Dropbox account.
A few more highlights form their forum on the new beta build
- 500MB of free space on first photo import
- Cleanup UI in Windows non admin installation.
- Fix infinite restart of Dropbox when database was corrupted.
- Fix import error on iPhone with lots and lots of photos.
- Better Handling of out of quota issues on first photo import.
- Other small fixes
- Importing of photos from cameras, phones, and SD cards.
- Batch upload/download of files.
- How to set-up a Family Sharing Apple ID for k
- How to set up your Medical ID in the Health a
- How to set-up Family Sharing in iOS 8
- How to back-up your iPhone 6 & iPhone 6