" />

Apple Seeds: Steve Jobs’ FBI File, Sprint Sells 1.8 Million iPhones, More

Apple Seeds is iSource’s daily roundup of Apple-related stories for the most diehard of fans, or for the news junkie that has to have all of the day’s news:

Steve Jobs’ 1991 FBI File Released

The FBI has released the 191 page file they had on Steve Jobs. The reason this file even existed was due to the fact that he was being considered for a presidential appointment to the President’s Export Council by George H.W. Bush. It’s worth looking over, and it shows that there was a lot more to Steve Jobs than his public persona. [Read More]

Sprint Sells 1.8 Million iPhones in Q4 2011

Both AT&T and Verizon have released their iPhone sales numbers from Q4 2011. They activated 7.6 million and 4.3 million iPhones respectively in that holiday quarter. Sprint has now released their numbers, and reports that they sold 1.8 million iPhones in Q4. A nice 40% of those iPhone sales were to new subscribers. Not bad, considering Sprint “bet the company” on the iPhone. [Read More]

How Royalties Work with iTunes Match

Perhaps I am the only one that will find this interesting, but MacRumors has a great piece regarding the way in which Apple splits up royalties from the revenue they generate from iTunes Match. In a nutshell, they base the amount of money on how many times that song is accessed by users. From there, that money is divided up with Apple taking a 30% cut. Of that remaining 70%, 88% of that total goes to record labels, and 12% going to artists. I’m surprised the record labels went along with such a deal. Fascinating. [Read More]

iPhone Found to be the Best At Retaining Resale Value, Lowest Total Cost of Ownership

Pricenomics has released a report wherein they found the iPhone retails its resale value the best amongst competing products, and has the lowest total cost of ownership. After 18 months, the iPhone retains 53% of its retail value, while Android holds 42% and Blackberry 41%. They also claim that the iPhone only costs $13.20 per month if you resell it at the end of 18 months. An Android device is some 40% higher. [Read More]

Continue reading:

TAGS: , , ,