Alongside that other little new product unveiling this week, Apple also announced a new Apple TV, due to be released the same day as the new iPad, on March 16.
The big new feature for the new Apple TV is support for 1080p HD. Among the other improvements mentioned are:
– A streamlined user interface (though no mention of Siri integration)
– TV shows the day after they air
– iTunes Match support
– Photo Stream support
The price for the new model remains the same at $99.
I bought the 2nd-gen Apple TV shortly after it came out, and I feel like it was $99 very well spent. I have rented a good number of TV show episodes and movies on it, listened to music and watched lots of good video and video podcast content on it via AirPlay, and even spent some time playing games via AirPlay. AirPlay is a real killer feature for the Apple TV.
So I think I’ll probably upgrade to the new Apple TV in a few weeks – not right away because I’ll be spending a lot on the new iPad next week. I figure I’ll keep the old Apple TV around too and just use it in a different room.
How about you all? Are you impressed / excited by the new Apple TV? Are you planning to get one?
- How to verify your iPhone email settings from
- 12-inch MacBook Air could compete with cheape
- Change Screenshot Destination
- The (6) best ways to extend your iPhone 6 bat
TAGS: Apple TV