Oh Facebook. What has been happening since your initial public offering? I hear you’ve had some ups and downs (though mostly downs). Despite it all, you haven’t lost much luster in our social-networking lifestyle, my circle of friends (oops!), and I have jokingly mentioned the need for a Facebooky in our house to limit the attention to my spouse’s iPhone!
Despite the integration of multiple FB apps, as well as using my FB login as an easy-to-remember-login of external services, I feel we need to have a parental-style discussion, a reality check, and a stern reprimand for what should be your easiest mobile portal.
Your temperamental app is making me insanely irate. Here are just a few of the ongoing problems I have:
- The notifications are consistently inaccurate – such as stating I have unread messages when I don’t;
- The badges on the icon itself are rarely right – it says I have 3 notifications and when I open the app, there’s 8;
- Sometimes the ability to “Like” a comment is unavailable;
- Looking at a list of friends who have “Liked” a post of mine isn’t always possible;
- The News feed doesn’t stay set as I want – “Most Recent” reverts to “Top Stories”
- And then there’s the ongoing d~e~l~a~y when loading
And apparently I am not alone: the current version of your app is now at 2 stars.
Look, I know you’ve got a lot on your plate – what with trying to fine tune the ads you’re directing toward me and all – but if you want me really to use your service to post my thoughts, pictures, and Check-Ins to share with my friends, then you’d better damn well create an app that lets me do it.
- How to verify your iPhone email settings from
- 12-inch MacBook Air could compete with cheape
- Change Screenshot Destination
- The (6) best ways to extend your iPhone 6 bat