Tim Cook started today’s presentation in San Jose with a variety of Big Numbers:
- Just one month after its release, 200 million devices are running iOS 6.
- Apple’s cloud adoption rates are getting better, with over 125 million documents in the cloud over the last year.
- iMessage, which is available across the iPhone, iPad, and Mac, has sent 300 billion messages over the past year – or about 28,000 per second.
- There are over 700,000 apps in the Apps Store (275,000 of of which are iPad apps). 35 billion of these apps have been downloaded, with $6.5 billion having been paid out to developers.
- iBooks – the newest version of which will be released today – has 1.5 million books available on the iBookstore, with over 400 million downloads. Tim Cook went over the new sharing features and continuous scrolling features, and he also revealed that he says the word “themes” like “things”.
[image straight from Apple Live stream]