iOS 7.1 is now available as a free download for all users currently running iOS 7.0 or above, bringing along new features like CarPlay integration as well as a host of visual tweaks and performance enhancements (including a fix for a reboot bug that has been plaguing iOS device owners). A complete changelog follows at the end of this post, but for now let’s just get the obvious out of the way.
How to download and install iOS 7.1
If you have ever performed an iOS update in the past (chances are you have), the following should be easy. If you have never manually updated or have only updated after being prompted by a system notification, here is how to get iOS 7.1 right now.
- Open Settings from the home screen
- Navigate to General
- Navigate to Software Update
- Tap Download and Install
- Tap Agree when presented with the update’s Terms and Conditions
The update will then be downloaded and prepared for installation to your iPhone or iPad. This update is rather big at 268MB, so be prepared for the download to take several minutes.
When ready, the device will restart to complete the installation process. This could take 10-15 minutes, so be prepared to be without access to your phone until the process has completed.
That’s it. Welcome to iOS 7.1!
The full changelog as provided by Apple:
- How to open a screen sharing session in Messa
- The (10) best Messages features in Yosemite
- How to manage share extensions in Yosemite to
- AT&T offering an additional 5 GB of data
TAGS: iOS 7.1