Tonight marks the kickoff of Apple’s SXSW edition of the annual iTunes Festival, the first time the event has been hosted on US soil. The concert series spans a total of five nights from March 11th through 15th, with live performances scheduled for Coldplay, Pitbull, and Keith Urban, among others ( a complete schedule follows at the end of this post).
While guests in Austin attending SXSW will have the opportunity to catch the shows in person, Apple, as always, is giving folks far and wide a chance to stream the action — here’s how.
Stream the iTunes Festival on an iPhone or iPad
Among the many ways users can watch along live as their favorite artists perform as part of the iTunes Festival is via Apple’s official app. Released last week, the app gives users access to information on the artists participating, links to selections from the iTunes music catalog, as well as a complete schedule.
To livestream performances, simply download the iTunes Festival app from iTunes or the App Store. Conveniently, we provide a link below.
Download: iTunes Festival app
Then a user need only launch the app at the time of any scheduled performance to view a stream of the events live from Austin.
Stream the iTunes Festival on Apple TV
As the iTunes Festival approaches, Apple has pushed a new iTunes Festival channel to Apple TV users. The channel should already be available for all, in most cases featured prominently among the other channels found on the device’s main menu.
To stream performances, users can tune in during any of the scheduled concerts. You really can’t beat the live experience on an HDTV all from the comfort of your living room.
Stream the iTunes Festival anywhere with VEVO
Just announced, music video platform VEVO will be partnering with Apple to host additional live streams of this week’s iTunes Festival. Apple users can access these streams in several ways.
The VEVO app for iPhone and iPad will simulcast the video stream being fed to Apple’s official app. Apple TV users can also access the show through the VEVO channel.
A web-based stream will also be available for Mac users via the link below. In order to access the stream, the link must be opened in Safari.
Web stream: iTunes Festival on VEVO (Safari users only)
iTunes Festival Schedule
Now that you know how to watch, here is when to watch. What follow is a complete list of of performance times.
- Coldplay (9PM PDT/10PM CDT/11PM EDT)
- Imagine Dragons (7:30PM PDT/8:30PM CDT/9:30PM EDT)
- London Grammar (6:30PM PDT/7:30PM CDT/8:30PM EDT)
- Kendrick Lamar (9PM PDT/10PM CDT/11PM EDT)
- ScHoolboy Q (7:45PM PDT/8:45PM CDT/9:45PM EDT)
- Isaiah Rashad (7PM PDT/8PM CDT/9PM EDT)
- Soundgarden (9PM PDT/10PM CDT/11PM EDT)
- Band of Skulls (7:45PM PDT/8:45PM CDT/9:45PM EDT)
- Capital Cities (7PM PDT/8PM CDT/9PM EDT)
- Pitbull (9PM PDT/10PM CDT/11PM EDT)
- ZEDD (7:45PM PDT/8:45PM CDT/9:45PM EDT)
- G.R.L. (7PM PDT/8PM CDT/9PM EDT)
- Keith Urban (9PM PDT/10PM CDT/11PM EDT)
- Willie Nelson (7:45PM PDT/8:45PM CDT/9:45PM EDT)
- Mickey Guyton (7PM PDT/8PM CDT/9PM EDT)