Pangu, the Jailbreak team from China who released the Windows only version of their Jailbreak tool in October also released a Mac version last week. Here’s a quick guide on how to use this version to Jailbreak your iOS device running iOS 8.0 – 8.1.x.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8 on your Mac
- Download the Pangu Jailbreak tool
- Select the downloaded file, and save it to your Mac
- Open the downloaded file
- Plug your iPhone into your Mac
- Follow the instructions to proceed
- Next select–Start Jailbreak!
- Follow and read all warnings including putting your iPhone in Airplane Mode, disabling your lock screen code, and turn off “Find My iPhone”
- Sit back and be patient as the Jailbreak process might take a few minutes, and your iPhone will turn on and off as it goes through the process
After your iPhone reboots for the last time, you will now be Jailbroken and have both Pangu and Cydia apps on your Home screen.