One of my favorite new continuity features shared between your Mac and your iPhone is SMS/MMS relay. The ability to read and send–not only iMessages but also multi-media messages to all your non-iOS friends is very helpful. Of course it’s not for everyone but for those of us who like to have access to all of our messages on all of the devices we use this is a no-brainer.
- iPhone running iOS 8.1 or later
- Mac running OS X Yosemite or later
- Both devices connected to the internet (not necessarily the same network)
- Logged in to the same iCloud account on both devices
- Select Settings
- Choose Messages
- Then select Message forwarding
- Enable and manage the Messages app for your Mac
- Enter authorization code in Messages when prompted on your Mac
That’s it! Once you enter the code you will now be able to receive all your SMS/MMS messages on your Mac that you already receive on your iPhone. To turn off the feature, simply go back to –>Settings–>Messages–>Message Forwarding, and toggle off.
TAGS: continuity, imessage, Mac, Messages, SMS/MMS relay